A few months ago I started a new job at Bethany International as their new marketing director and the journey has been a whirl wind of marketing activities, adjusting to the city life of Minneapolis, and dealing with all the obstacles states like to throw at new residents. Were back in the chaos of ministry life, but to be honest, working at two start-ups wasn’t to dissimilar.
So far, life is good for my family and I here in Bloomington. The landscape is beautiful, the weather is perfect, people are nice, and we rarely need to leave home with most of our new friends, work, and church being within walking distance. I’m told I need to live through winter to tell you how I really feel about life in Minnesota, so stay tuned for that.
A few things you may not know about Minneapolis:
- After a long winter here, everybody goes outside. I have seen more people outside here on streets and in parks than I did in Fort Collins, Co.
- Public parks are a big deal here. They’re everywhere and they are awesome. I took this picture below at a park nearby our house. This is only a smallportion of this crazy labyrinth.
- People are more friendly here than in the south (they are friendly there too), though I’m told it is shallow and stops at pleasantries (a.k.a. “Minnesota Nice”).
- The Mall of America is up here. Yes, it’s big.
- Target and Best Buy have their corporate headquarters up here.
Work as a Marketing Director
Bethany International is comprised of 6 different departments for which I now direct and execute most of the marketing.
- Bethany Global Ministries – Missionary sending agency
- Bethany Teams – Short term missions agency
- Bethany College of Missions & Bethany College of Graduate Studies – Undergraduate and graduate colleges specializing in missions
- LEAD Internship – A four month internship program
- Publish4All – A Print-on-demand system we sell to ministries and missionaries to produce bibles and christian literature in hard to reach countries
- Bethany International – The overall organization
The college and Publish4All are my top priorities, but I will be working on the marketing initiatives for the rest very soon.