Yea, people get paid to use facebook these days. It is a small part of my job here at Teen Mania Ministries as a project manager in the Marketing Dept. While this post is intended to be a training guide for the interns at Teen Mania’s Honor Academy, my hope is that it might also serve as a guide to help you make an impact in the world for Him.
This Section is an intro to the philosophy, power, and principles of social media as a whole.
- Watch: Social Media in Plain English
- Watch: Social Networking in Plain English
- Watch: Social Media Revolution (2)
- Read all of these books: 16 Free Must -read eBooks on Social Media
While you don’t have to be fluent in html enough to code a website from scratch knowing the basics of this language goes a long way in social media. If you master the basics you will be set.
- Watch ALL of this YouTube Video. The video is a little long, but I promise html will make much more sense afterwords. Don’t follow along in a word doc and don’t multitask. Just watch it (this might hurt a little bit if your A.D.D.)
- Go to w3schools.com/html and read each chapter in Basics and Advanced. This will help you practice what you just watched in the video. Remember that repetition is the mother of learning. Don’t skip the “Try It Yourself” sections. Take advantage of each one of those.
More important than you know. Find out why.
- Watch: Twitter in Plain English
- Read: Why Twitter is a BIG Deal
- Read: Mashable’s Twitter Guide Book
- Read: The Art of a Good Tweet
- Read: 8 Useful Tips to Become Successful on Twitter
- Read: 8 Simple Steps to Growing a Quality Twitter Following
Short for Internet log. What started as an online journal platform has exploded to into your 21st century magazines.
- Watch: Blogs in Plain English
- Watch: RSS in Plain English
- Go to google.com/reader and create a free account (the same as gmail account)
- Start by subscribing to these three blogs about blogging: Pro Blogger, Seth Goddin’s Blog, and Duct Tape Marketing. Read these daily after reading the list below.
- Read: The Blog Is Dead: Long Live the Blog!
- Read: How to Nurture your Creativity
- Read: How Article Frames Show Readers a Clear Content Picture
- Read: Easy Content Scheduling for Bloggers
- Read: 7 Ways to Find Inspiration: Think Outside the Blog
- Create your own personal blog now for free at wordpress.com. Start by going to learn.wordpress.com and walking through all of their tutorials as you set up your account.
Facebook is the social media king. Luckily, if you have done everything above, it can all be fed into Facebook where the community spends most of their time.
Did I miss something? Let me know in a comment below.